Stay Safe around fallen lines!
- Assume all utility lines are energized.
- Never touch any utility wire, and do not touch anyone who is in contact with an electric wire.
Fallen lines around or on your home:
- If you see a fallen line, fallen tree limbs, as well as anything they are touching-such as puddles and fences, stay far away. Keep pets and children away too.
- If there is a fallen power line near your home, stay inside unless told by emergency personnel to evacuate.
- Call C&L Electric.
Fallen lines around or on your vehicle:
- Move the vehicle away from the line if you can do it safely.
- Warn others to stay away; anyone on the ground who touches your vehicle could be in danger.
- If the vehicle is okay (not on fire), stay in the vehicle until an emergency responder indicates it is safe to get out.
- If you must leave due to other hazards, jump clear of fallen lines. Don’t touch the vehicle and ground at the same time. Land with feet together and hop away with both feet together.
- Call 911.