APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP AND FOR ELECTRIC SERVICE
The undersigned (hereinafter called the “Applicant”) hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from C & L Electric Cooperative Cooperation (hereinafter called the “Cooperative”), upon the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant will pay to the Cooperative the sum of $25.00 which will constitute the Applicant’s membership fee.
- The Applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from the Cooperative all electric energy used on the premises described below and will pay therefore monthly at rates to be determined from time to time in accordance with the bylaws of the Cooperative and approved by governing agencies; provided, however, that the Cooperative may limit the amount of electric energy which it shall be required to furnish to the Applicant.
- The Applicant will cause his premises to be wired in accordance with wiring specifications approved by the Cooperative. Cooperative’s standard voltages depending on the customer’s size, application and location on its distribution system are 120/240 for single phase service; 120/208 wye, 277/480 wye, 240 delta and 480 delta for three phase service.
- The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the articles of incorporation, the bylaws of the Cooperative, and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
- The Applicant agrees that $7.00 of the profits accruing to him each year shall be used to pay a subscription to Arkansas Living.
- By submitting this Application online. the Applicant agrees to the use of electronic signatures.
- The Applicant, by paying a membership fee and becoming a member, assumes no liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative, and it is expressly understood that under the law Applicant's private property is exempt from execution for any such debts or liabilities.
- The Applicant agrees SECURITY DEPOSITS are subject to the rules of the Arkansas Public Service Commision (the "APSC") and are subject to the following conditions: Residential or personal deposits shall be waived or refunded based on the Applicant’s timely payment history defined by the APSC and evidenced by a certification letter from a previous utility, a third-party personal guarantee from another qualifying individual, or other personal credit measurements determined by the Cooperative.
The acceptance of this application by the Cooperative shall constitute an agreement between the Applicant and the Cooperative, and the contract for electric service shall continue in force from the date service is made available by the Cooperative to the Applicant, and thereafter until cancelled by notice given by either party to the other. Everything the AppIicant has stated in this application is correct to the best of their knowledge. The Applicant understands that the Cooperative will retain this Application whether it is approved. The Cooperative is authorized to check the Applicant's credit and to answer questions about the Cooperative's credit experience with the Applicant.